Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Learning to draw horses


>
The first drawing of me, I can remember is a picture of horse races, titled 'first past the post'. I think I was six years old. It was done for a drawing competition in colored pencil. I was the horse mad for most of my childhood-stories, artwork, reading even my stamp collection featured horses. These magnificent creatures. I no longer go, but I love, in the paddocks around to see our House. Me I question if art school more rewarding the drawing could be every week for some of us, if instead of hours of the figure, we have hours horse drawing? Sitting under a tree with a sketch book....

Draw a horse head in colored pencil
Draw a horse standing in colored pencil
Drawing a horse's eye in detail
Drawing and painting horses eyes of variety.

Picture (c) Janet Griffin-Scott



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment